Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

It's Playtime: Apples Are in Season


Currently, I am homeschooling my preschool-aged son.  Our first theme unit is apples (oh how I love them so!), so this week on It's Playtime, I'm featuring some of my favorite apple themed projects to get us all in the mood for this yummy and versatile fall treat.

Apple-Stamping is a preschool favorite, but I love the addition of real leaves that the kids at happy hooligans added to their artwork.

Over at Pre-school Play, they created Apple Themed Playdough.  Besides the red and green dough, they added natural play elements such as twigs, leaves, and little apples.  A great sensory play experience for little ones.

 I love this Apple Tree Felt Game created by the Iowa Farmer!  A fun way for little ones to recognize big 'A' and little 'a'.  Easy, play-based fun.


 I don't usually feature the same blog twice but I just loved this Apple Rolling project from Pre-school Play!  If you don't have a slide, that's OK, simply allow your child(ren) to roll the apples around on some paper or in a box (similar to marble painting).  I have to say this project makes me want to buy a little plastic slide simply for painting purposes!  

If you were featured this week, don't forget to grab your special "featured button."


Now, on to this weeks play date! 
It's Playtime is a community and Thursday link-up hosted by:

* Rachele : Messy Kids (That's me!)
* Anna : The Imagination Tree
* Rachel : Quirky Momma
* Jamie : hands on : as we grow
* Jenny : Let the Children Play

How to Play :
* Link up a post about a playful learning experience enjoyed by kids.
* Give us love and pop a button into your post/blog. Invite your readers to the weekly play date!


* Stop by one of our blogs every Thursday and add your link about play. Your link will show up on each of the blogs in the It's Playtime community.

* Each week the playtime hosts will choose favorite posts to feature. (By linking you are giving us permission to use an image and link to you, if featured.)
* Be sure to visit some of the links that catch your eye. Commenting on posts that you find interesting or inspiring is a wonderful way to develop your own playful community.

1 comment:

  1. Excited to link up this week! I had such a busy week last week that I didn't get to link up to anything! In keeping with a Fall theme, I've linked up our Autumn leaves craft, that can be for both toddlers and big kids! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...